Monday, May 11, 2009

Our House!

Gabe and I bought our first house a little over three years ago. This house holds a special place in my heart. For those of you who don't know, we bought our house from my parent's best friends Paul & Nan.

At the time, we bought it because it was the perfect starter home, close to everything, and less than five minutes away from my mom and dad. I have fond memories of coming to this house as a child during family trips back to Ohio. Most days it feels like "our house" but sometimes I get flashbacks of it being Nan's house. It always makes me smile! :)

I remember soon after we moved into our house, I found my grandma's brag book, and in it was a invitation to my baby shower. It had our address, and even a map of our neighborhood. I think it is neat that I am living with my husband in the house that my baby shower was held in. :) I even have several old pictures of me playing outside at this house starting when I was about three years old and on.

Well the time has come for Gabe and I to try to sell this house! (In this housing market, who knows?) I am having mixed emotions about it, and for some reason I think I will be sad to leave. I almost wish I could pass this house on to someone in our family, and keep the tradition alive. Although I am super excited to buy a newer, bigger, better house, a small tiny part of me wishes we could stay!

5 comments:

Simi said...

hoe exciting!! where do you think you will move to?

Jill said...

No matter where you live, you will always have memories that will hender you from ever wanting to move from a home. I feel that way about our house and we haven't even been there that long. I can only imagine what it'll be like in 5 years when we decide to move... It will be hard.

Finding a better home is always fun too! Can't wait to see how this journey pans out for you!!!

Brandy said...

Oh Rhiannon. It is like bitter sweet news. Good Luck with the selling of your FIRST home(and past home). You will always have the memories.

With that said, I remember when you firs tmoved into that home and saw all the beautiful pictures of each room and how you decorated it. I CAN'T wait to see the new house and what you do with it!

Keep us posted! Good Luck!

Unknown said...

It will make a great house for a new family thought Rhiannon and they will be able to make a lot of memories there!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck Rhiannon!!!