Saturday, July 12, 2008

Shelby!

It has been one week today since we had to give Shelby away. She went to a really good home in Akron where she will has 3 brothers who are all labs, an inground pool just for the dogs, and 2 acres fenced in for her to run! The family is a husband and wife who were never able to have children, so they raise labs instead! Although we know Shelby is in a much better place, it's still very hard and emotional on us. She is adjusting quite well to her new home and her new owner has promised to keep us updated!

Last night Gabe and I went to dinner, and then came in early and relaxed and watched TV. It was really hard not having her there pacing around us, running, and panting like a crazy dog. I am still sad, but hopefully each day will get better. I'm finally not crying everytime I think about her, but my heart still hurts.

1 comment:

erin said...

ah girlie! i am sorry you are still struggling but i am thrilled she is in a good home!