Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I survived! :)

My surgery went great! I actually wasn't too nervous, just really excited! I remember being wheeled into the surgery room and seeing at least 10 people rushing around in chaos kind of. I remember asking my very cute anesthesologist if all these people were going to see me naked for the next four hours? He said, yes we see naked people everyday! And the next thing I remember is waking up and seeing Gabe and my mom standing by my bed. I couldn't remember if I already had my surgery or not. Until I looked down! YAY!

My doctor told Gabe they were in the same zip code now! :)

I still have a lot of recovery and healing to do, but each day gets better and better! I am still weak, sore, and extremley tired. I am having a really hard time getting comfortable, but all things considered I am doing wonderful!

Thank you everyone who sent well wishes, cards, gifts, flowers, and cookies! :) I was amazed at how much support and love I have recieved from all of you! Thank you again!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm so glad that it was a good experience. How funny that you were worried about all of them seeing you nekked! :) You are silly! Can't wait to see the new chest - wait, did I just say that? Yeah, you know what I mean!

Jill said...

I'm so glad it went well!!!